Abadan’s slogan is “Clearly the Best.” Our customers can tell you that those aren’t empty words.
Since the early 1950’s, we’ve provided outstanding copiers, printers, scanners and other office solutions to clients in the mid-Columbia area and elsewhere in Washington. Our company is founded on these core principles:
- We gather feedback from our employees and customers to continue improving our business.
- We give our employees the latitude and confidence they need to achieve our company’s goals.
- We concentrate on helping our clients meet their long-term goals for the grater benefit of the Mid-Columbia community.
We currently have a great opportunity for someone who has experience in Digital Press / Copy Operator. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides flexible work hours and growth opportunity, then we are looking for you!
We offer PTO based on hours worked and holidays. The work week / hours are Monday – Friday, hours will be scheduled to cover employee lunch times.
The Digital Press / Copy Operator is responsible for producing complete specialized copy projects in compliance with job specifications and in accordance with company quality standards and procedures. Works closely with other team members to exceed customer expectations.
As the Digital Press Operator and a member of the Production Team, you are accountable for meeting the department production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in meeting company-wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals:
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for customers.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that make possible attractive financial returns so that the company may continue to provide excellent service to our customers and ensure job security and career growth to our staff.
Because you will be in contact with current and prospective customers, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate with the Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
- Participate as a key player in the Production Team by supporting operations as needed.
- Communicate effectively with the Owners, the Customer Service Team and the Production Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that both sales and customer objectives are met.
- Operate the digital presses in accordance with equipment operating procedures.
- Interface with the Customer Service Representative, Designer and/or the customer to ensure a complete understanding of the copy order. Receive and output digital files for use in completion of work order.
- Operate digital presses to produce complete customized jobs.
- High school or GED equivalent.
- Familiarity with handling digital files; able to create postscript files.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good mathematical skills.
- Good understanding of copier functions and bindery processes.
Abadan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.