The dispatcher is responsible for scheduling service requests, installations and appointments for the technicians in the field. This process involves prioritizing technician qualifications, urgency of the situation, geography and time. Communication with the customer, service staff and other Abadan employees is extremely important. The process is always changing and can be stressful. The correct person must be organized, have good communication skills, be able to multitask and handle stress in a professional manner.
- Route service calls to technicians
- Manage daily technician schedules; such as installs and trainings
- Collaborate with management to modify daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers
- Cultivate strong relationships with technicians and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes.
- Responsible for running reports out of computer system on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Strong knowledge of customer de-escalation protocols
- Serve as back-up for incoming calls and various office duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful work experience as a dispatcher or other relevant position
- Familiar with necessary technology and relevant methods.
- Strong Communication Skills: You will be listening and speaking to people by phone, often in some state of distress. Your ability to listen, speak plainly and communicate effectively will be necessary.
- Ability to Multi-Task: Dispatchers often are moving a lot of people around at the same time, tracking their movements and keeping tabs on what they need.
- Strong Problem Solving
- Must remain calm, clear and in control in stressful situations
- Ability to work in a team environment in high pressure situations
- Rapid and accurate typing with experience in data entry
- Fluent in English (oral and written), other languages a plus.
- Strong character, sound judgement, a level head, and critical thinking.
- High School Diploma or equivalent